How to get a ticket to TEDxKazimierz – FAQ
As Curator of TEDxKazimierz I know that the process by which we allocate tickets is a source of many questions, much special pleading and miscomprehension. This post explains What we do and why we do it, and gives tips for those who are keen to improve their chances of getting a ticket.
I regret the fact that not everyone who wants to attend can come. In an ideal world we would have unlimited capacity but our wonderful venue has limited capacity (about 230 seats in all).
We will have a live stream, and we upload talks onto the TEDx Channel on Youtube.
- Why do I need to apply ?
- What are the components of a good TEDxKazimierz application?
– Anything else that you think should encourage us to give you a ticket. For example one TEDx applicant wrote “I’m raising two small children with little support. TED and TEDx stops me from going crazy – and I talk to my children about what I am learning even though they are a bit young to understand, I’ll do everything and anything I can to be positive and make a contribution on the day”. She got her ticket.
- Doesn’t this make TEDxKazimierz elitist?
No. We are anti-elitist. We don’t give tickets to people with important job titles, but to people who have a sparkle in their eyes, and who have a positive “can do” attitude. We disciminate positively towards the characteristics all applicants have some influence over: to people who want to make the world a better place – who will come to our event determined to contribute and make the day special, not just “sit there” expecting to be impressed.
Furthermore, you are trusting us with a day of your life. We don’t take you for granted. The success of our event is measure by the way attendees/participants feel about their experience. We don’t just aim to make sure you feel it was a great way to spend your day – we want you to tell people it was one of the best days in your year (or even your life).
- What you shouldn’t write on your form?
Don’t be arrogant, rude or hostile. Every year there are people who don’t take the process seriously. We are serious about giving you a wonderful day, so don’t be surprised if assuming you deserve a ticket doesn’t work.
- Who decides?
Several members of the TEDxKazimierz team review all the applications and vote.
- Why do I have pay ?
The price of 29 zloty is very low for an all day event with foreign speakers. We are pre selling low priced lunches, and the ticket money goes on this. We also believe that paid tickets will reduce the horrible experience of “no shows” where people who were lucky enough to get a ticket didn’t show up thus depriving others of a chance to experience a wonderful day.
- Who pays for TEDxKazimierz ?
- Why are you not releasing all the tickets at once?
- If I don’t get a ticket will I be able to watch on line or with other people?
Yes we will have a live stream, details will be posted on the website and social media, and if there is demand we may organise viewing parties. If you don’t get a ticket we will tell you about the viewing party option.
- Where can I find out more about TED, TEDx-s and TEDxKazimierz?